Here's the brownie recipe:
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tea spoon of red gel food colouring
Now... I've done this brownie whoopie pie because I did not have buttermilk for a proper red velvet recipe.
- 1/3 cup of butter - softened (room temperature is fine)
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
The difference between a cake, a cupcake and a whoopie pie is basically the shape and the fact that it is filled with frosting. And it's the pan that makes things easy. You can even try using a boxed cake mix (sin!), reduce the amount of water or oil that you use by 1/4, and pour the mix into the whoopie pie pan. Bake for around half of the time you would for a regular cake.
Let me know how you go!